Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Love Unlike Any Other

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought that blogging about love would be a great idea. I searched my journal of God's words looking for any words that He has given me about love. I found a few sentences here and there but didn't really find anything that really addressed God's love for us. I sought Him this morning, asking Him to give me His words about love. These are the words that He gave me today. I hope they touch your heart like they did mine.

You will never know or understand the full weight of My love for you and My other children. I can only begin to help you understand My love for you. I love you so much that I created the world and the entire universe for you. I love you so much that I gave you and all of My other children free will, even though I knew many of you would reject Me as a result. I love you so much that I came humbly to the earth as a helpless infant into a world that hated Me and wanted to kill Me. I love you so much that I willingly endured torture and humiliation as I freely sacrificed My own life for your life. I did this to pay the price for your sins so that all who accept Me and My sacrifice shall not be separated from My Heavenly Father but shall live forever with Him in paradise. I love you so much that I, the Creator of all things, want to know you personally and hear about everything in your life, good and bad. I love you so much that I give you the Holy Spirit so that you can experience true peace and joy, even amidst your hardships, and so that you will know what it feels like to truly worship Me. For I have created all of My children to worship Me. Those who choose not to worship Me will try to fill that void within themselves with other things that are not of Me. They will find that these things will never satisfy them. I am the only One that can fill the hearts of My children. Go now and love others in the ways that I love you. Let My love within you pour out onto others. Share Me and My words with them. Let them know that they will experience a love in Me unlike any other love.

I thinks these words are powerful, humbling and amazing. I feel blessed that the Lord gives me these words to share with others. I pray regularly that these words and my obedience in them will touch many lives. I filled the last page of my journal this morning with the above words. I still am in awe the amount and content of the words the Lord has graced me with. Please share this blog with others as the Lord moves you.

Psalm 103
1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
 6 The LORD works righteousness
   and justice for all the oppressed.
 7 He made known his ways to Moses,
   his deeds to the people of Israel:
8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
   slow to anger, abounding in love.
9 He will not always accuse,
   nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
   or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
   so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
   so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
 13 As a father has compassion on his children,
   so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
   he remembers that we are dust.
15 The life of mortals is like grass,
   they flourish like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
   and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
   the LORD’s love is with those who fear him,
   and his righteousness with their children’s children—
18 with those who keep his covenant
   and remember to obey his precepts.
 19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
   and his kingdom rules over all.
 20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
   you mighty ones who do his bidding,
   who obey his word.
21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
   you his servants who do his will.
22 Praise the LORD, all his works
   everywhere in his dominion.
   Praise the LORD, my soul.

John 3:16,17
 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
http://www.biblegateway.com/




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Macy! Just had a tough/misunderstanding with my husband 30 minutes ago, whom I love very much! This reminded me to Praise God in ALL situations good and bad. Praise him for His unending love for us! I want to love like that!

    ReplyDelete