Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Break

Hello all! I'm not sure how many people regularly read this blog. It really doesn't matter. I am trying to do something in this blog that I feel the Lord is prompting me to do. I didn't want to start this blog and felt sure that many of my friends and family would think I was completely nuts when I started blogging about God's word and His work in my life. I really don't care about that, though. All I know is that I am obediently following my Lord and Savior. That is the most important thing here. Honestly, this blog takes a lot of my time. Getting the words, scripture and photos just right actually is very time-consuming. I can literally spend hours on just one post. I try to make it just the way I think the Lord wants it.


Mike, Ryan and me
 As summer break quickly approaches, I am faced with a very difficult decision. I could continue to blog through the summer or I could take a little break. I certainly want to honor the Lord in this, so I prayed about it. I actually got the answer when I was praying for my son. I feel that God wants me to spend quality time with Ryan without exception. Being a good mother is important to me. I want to raise Ryan in a way that is pleasing to the Lord. I want to create lasting memories with Ryan over the summer. I love him beyond what I could have ever imagined. The answer seems so clear to me. While I strongly feel this blog is honoring the Lord and drawing others closer to Him, I must go with what I know is right and what I feel God wants me to do.

Proverbs 22:6

Start children off on the way they should go,
    and even when they are old they will not turn from it. 

Proverbs 29:17

17 Discipline your children, and they will give you peace;
    they will bring you the delights you desire.

This will be my last post for a while. I will be taking a summer break along with Ryan. I will try to post some quick pictures or very brief posts throughout the summer but there will be no extended posts until fall. I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed and safe summer. Enjoy your family and friends and try to live every day to it's fullest. You don't know what plans God has for you and what day will be your last. God bless and take care. :)
http://www.biblegateway.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment