Thursday, December 29, 2011

Beautiful Pottery

The following are some of my favorite words that I have received from our Heavenly Father. I love the way these words flow off your tongue as they weave themselves rhythmically and intricately into a beautiful conclusion. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

October 19, 2009
My Spirit is within you, my child. Come regularly and frequently to me for renewal of my Spirit in you. Ask me to fill you with my Spirit and with the power that accompanies my Spirit. With that power you can do anything in my name. Without that power you can do nothing. Apart from me, you are nothing and have nothing. I am the Potter and you are the clay. I created you and crafted you into the special work of art that you are now. I continue to smooth and even chisel you into the beautiful piece of art that I intend for you to become. You are an unfinished work in progress. You continue to change bit by bit as you draw nearer to me. I continue to refine and polish you. You have come very far from the lump of clay that you started as. You must continue to come to me and spend time in me so that I can do my work in you. Can the clay mold and form itself? No, it needs the Potter. When the clay gives itself completely to the Potter, it can be formed into the beautiful piece that the Potter envisioned for it before it was even created. Completely submissive to the Potter, the clay can be molded into something that functions in the way the Potter needs it to function. All of this is done to fulfill the Potter's purpose for it and other lumps of clay. As the other lumps of clay watch one give itself over to the Potter and become something beautiful that does the work ot the Potter, they too will want to be like that lump of clay and become what is beautiful.

Jeremiah 18:1-6
1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
 5 Then the word of the LORD came to me. 6 He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel.



Isaiah 64:8
 8 Yet you, LORD, are our Father.
   We are the clay, you are the potter;
   we are all the work of your hand.

Romans 9:20-21
20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[a] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

We are the clay and the Lord is the Potter. We are to let him do his work in our lives. He is in control, not us. We should continually seek his will for us in our own lives. He has great and beautiful plans for each of us. Are you being submissive to the Potter and seeking his will instead of your will?




No comments:

Post a Comment