Monday, November 14, 2011

A New Start

Hello everyone. I am new to the blogging venue. I never would have thought I would be starting a blog. I actually had no real desire to start a blog. God placed on my heart that He wanted me to do this to further His kingdom. I know many of you may be skeptical that God Himself actually told me to do anything. I know that I used to feel the same way. I didn't come to know the Lord until I was 28 years old and before that, I never heard from Him at all. (Or at least I never realized I was hearing from him.) I was a clueless person back then. I just went through the motions of life with no real purpose or satisfaction. I never felt like I was actively rejecting the Lord then, I just didn't know Him. I had very little exposure to the things of God. I didn't really know what I was missing and I didn't give it much thought.

Well, anyway, I have found Jesus and He has saved me. Now I have a relationship with Him that is very unique and personal. I hear from Him. I usually don't physically hear his voice. His words come to me in written form. I sit with pen and paper and His words flow through me. This is how it started. I was in Sunday school class one morning and the teacher said. " You can pray all you want but unless you sit and listen for a response you are just having a one-way conversation." That statement was absolutely profound to me. Sit and listen for the Lord? Would He really talk to ME? Why? How? What would He say? Well, to make a long story short, He did speak to me and He sure had a lot to say. I felt like I was going crazy at first. I didn't tell anyone because I thought for sure they would think I was a freak. I was getting pages and pages of words from the Lord. I was afraid of these words and I didn't know what to do with them. I needed some help. I finally told a few trusted friends and went to speak with my pastor about everything. He confirmed that I am indeed not crazy and that I was very well getting some words from the Lord. He told me to be careful about sharing messages specific to a particular person and to use discernment.

It has been over 2 years ago since this journey began. I would like to be able to tell you that I have grown tremendously in this gift and all other aspects of my spiritual life. Sadly, this is not the case. I did grow quickly and fervently at first but lately I have rarely made time to spend in the Lord or His word. I have felt distant from the Lord of late. I feel almost embarrassed and ashamed to admit that I have been blessed with an amazing gift that I'm not even using. What do I do with this gift? Does He want me to write a book? I started praying about it. He revealed to me that blogging about His words would be a great way to further His kingdom. I had some concerns at first. I prayed more. He revealed some things to me yesterday that confirmed this plan. First, the sermon that Pastor Greg gave yesterday spoke to me. He actually gave a testimony about a time he was sitting at his computer and words from the Lord flowed out of him. He described it as an "out-of-body experience" and said that the words were not his own. I related to this experience and feel the same way when I receive words. The second experience occurred at a Chinese restaurant. I rarely open my fortune cooking and read my fortune because I feel only God knows our fortune. Well, I did read my fortune and this is what it said, "Trust him, but still keep your eyes open."  I looked up scripture referencing eyes being open. I found Numbers 24:15,16.

The oracle of Balaam son of Beor,
the oracle of one whose eye sees clearly,
the oracle of one who hears the words of God,
who has knowledge from the Most High,
who sees a vision from the Almighty,
who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened.

These verses are talking about Balaam, who was a sorcerer that foretold of the coming of the Messiah. To me it says that God can and will use anyone to accomplish his purpose.

I am here, ready and willing to share the things of God. I trust in the Lord and I have a notebook full of words to share. I hope I have captured your attention and peaked your interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment