Friday, January 27, 2012

Time is Running Out

What happens to all of the time in each day? I wake up each morning always having so many plans of what I will accomplish that day. I go about my daily routine. If I'm not at work, I'm home doing housework: laundry, dishes, straightening up the house, paying bills . . . you understand, you've been there. Before I know it, I'm making supper and it's getting dark outside. They day is nearing an end and I didn't accomplish everything I wanted to get done. I feel a little disappointed that I didn't meet all of my goals for the day. It seems like there is just not enough time in the day to do everything that a busy person needs to do.

Well, running out of time is very frustrating. The Lord makes it clear to us that there is one thing we must do before we run out of time. It is of the highest importance. These are the words Our Heavenly Father gave me this morning:

Make time for me now, my child. Do not put off tomorrow what you can do today. For you know not what will happen tomorrow. You do not even know what will happen five minutes from now. How do you know that you will even be here tomorrow? My children must seek me now and make themselves right with me. Come to me with all of your heart and soul and seek me with everything you have in you. Put me first in your life and everything else will fall into place. For I created you and everything good in your life. I have given and I can also take away. You know not the day my son Jesus will come to judge the inhabitants of the earth. It will be too late for those who have not yet become right with me. Tell your friends and your family these things I have told you today. Those who know me when the day of judgement comes will spend their lives in eternity with me. Those who do not know me will perish and spend eternity separated from me.

Mark 1:15
“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”
Mark 10:15
Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
1Thessalonians 4:16-18
 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

The Lord wants us to make him the highest priority in our day. He wants us to put him first above all other things. He is waiting to hear from all of his children. Are you right with the Lord? Will you seek him before time runs out?

http://www.biblegateway.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment